Evening All

edoffroad
This post is 4196 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm new to the bike scene, had a couple of 125's in my youth but the mid life crisis tells me that I should really bite the bullet and pass my test now.

I have done my theory test and CBT last week and start a Direct Access course in a couple of weeks time. I wasn't going to by a bike until I'd passed my test, but a friend of mine was selling his yellow 600 fazer FZS on an 02.So I bought it. It's sat in the garage facing the back wall with a sheet over it so it can't wink at me.

The chap I bought the bike off said that it has been Dyno Jetted, what does this actually mean?

Thanks in advance for any info

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome edof" :jossun: The dyno jet is [ up-sized] new jetting in carbs, usually after a performance exhaust has been fitted,

Hello and :welcome:

Thanks for the welcome and explanation of Dyno Jetting, It has had an aftermarket can fitted also. Will this make much difference to performance or alter enconomy? Apparently it's got a K & N air filter too.

Thanks

Most cans give you a little bit more BHP. They also tend to save a little weight and sound better (very important).

K&N filters are alleged to give you a bit more boost due to a better air flow to the engine. These changes can affect the power output and may require rejetting.

You should inform your insurer that you have these mods.

Welcome to the fourm by the way.

Affect economy and performance........

My old 600 did 120 ish. 170miles to a tank and ran ok.

Proffesionally fitted dynojet kit, full system, k+n etc and it did 150mph and 110 miles per tank and went like sh off a stick.

Fitted well by someone who knows how, ideally on a dyno like mine was and it will be superb as the bike will make the performance it was ment to without compromise on economy and noise etc.

Done diy? Throw a die and keep em crossed.

• 4 weeks later...

Hoorah I've passed Mod 2 and can't wait to get out on the fazer. Does anyone know the best place to purchase the downpipe part of the exhaust system and approx cost. I've had a look on ebay and stainless systems are anything from £159 to £200. Can you purchase a mild steel system and would it be any less than stainless. The end can is fine.

Thanks

Congrats!! :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online