RT3 Muffler Gasket Help

pinbill
This post is 4371 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

IMG_1645.jpgIMG_1644.jpg

Hello, I have a leaking muffler gasket on my 73 rt3. I ordered a gasket from Motorsport.com but have no idea how to put it on. I want to just take the muffler off, clean everything up, wrap the material around the muffler end a few times and put it back together. I don't even know if this is the right gasket. Does anyone have any tips on installing? Thanks, Bill

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

IMG_1646.jpgIMG_1646.jpg,

IMG_1646.jpgHello, I have a leaking muffler gasket on my 73 rt3. I ordered a gasket from Motorsport.com but have no idea how to put it on. I want to just take the muffler off, clean everything up, wrap the material around the muffler end a few times and put it back together. I don't even know if this is the right gasket. Does anyone have any tips on installing? Thanks, Bill

Thanks for the reply, I am thinking that they sent the wrong gasket too. The one they sent ends in 14623-10 and the diagram calls for 14623-00. I will call them to see if I can get the right gasket. I have seen #13 for sale on Ebay. I am not too sure on the spings they have two different numbers listed for #18 but only one is available. Any ideas on which springs? any ideas on a good place to get parts for these bikes?

String gasket 248-14623-10-00 supersedes the -00 part number. It goes into the groove of the exhaust pipe collar #14. Clean the collar as best you can then pack the new gasket in with a screwdriver blade or similar. I used the entire length and just kept wrapping around the inside of the collar. Here you can see the groove:

http://i.ebayimg.com...yo4g~~60_35.JPG

I only see one part # for the springs at the site I use most, Yamahasportsplaza.com. That's where I got mine. Hope this is heppfull.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online