Bearing up..., as in broke.

Cynic
This post is 4381 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well the odd handling at squires wasn't just the wheel loose. When i got home i had a quick look and could see nothing drastic and after softening the susp back up it seemed fine.

Well today on the way home about halfway back the back end gets all squiffy like i have a puncture. I stop, no puncture. Gently ride home at about 25mph and once on the paddock stand, dadah

Rear wwheel bearings have gone, wheel moves a good 4-5mm when you grip top to bottom and give it a pull. Bugger. Ah well Dt was coming out anyway.......

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Probably a good job you stayed with the slowcoaches on the squires meet eh Jason

Recon so Paul. Its the direction changes that get you. I use a double roundabout on the way home and thats where it showed up.

And numan...........no i didn't. Ahem......never enterd my head. Sent wheels off. Wheels came back,fitted tyres and away. Lesson learned.

Probably a good job you stayed with the slowcoaches on the squires meet eh Jason

That wasn"t thru choice" he wasna fit to pass our tuned 175"s , :eusa_dance: have you seen what the TDR"s are making,,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320982091166?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I suppose that the timing isn't too bad, what with the weather and such.

Nah not really. I'm sorting out the dt at the weekend anyway. I had her running yesterday. Was thinking i might get a few more weeks of tdr though.

I think he would be looking for 3K and upwards. Fellow at squires had paid 3300 IIRC.

Not exorbitant either. Apparently megga low milers like under 5k will fetch 4.

Its biggest problem is its the slow colour, everybody knows the black ones are faster....

And its been steralised.....I mean 'restored'. The real mone goes for the original unfanny'd with stuff. Doubt it will cover the price of the parts.