6v 4 amp sealed, mf or agm battery.

DirtyDT
This post is 4391 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cheers Drewps.

I have seen these. Here is the dilemma:

The TS leans a lot on the sidestand. so much that the battery looses acid down the overflow tube and therefore stops running the indicators etc. Battery boxes are scarce and this is probably due to the fact that most have been eaten by acid when the overflow has not been put on properly. The battery box contains the mountings for the cover on that side of the bike.

Specific issues

The battery in the link is 40mm longer than the original one and I would need to see if it would physically fit in the space (new battery box or not)

The UK spec of the TS does not have a regulator (the US one does). The wiring is there so I did consider using a pattern single wire one made for the DT from yuniparts to get over this. This assumes that they are going to be very similar specs in terms of volts and amps.

Any thoughts??

is the sidestand made from a tube? If it is how about having a spacer slug tig welded into it to extend the length?

another thought is...

fit the battery in the other way round with a longer overflow tube so then the vent will be at the highest point when the bike is on the sidestand...is this possible?

Saw the change mate.

Thought about turning the battery around and if I can't find a gel/MS/AGM one I may do that. I can re-route the breather easily enough.

Just took the battery out as it had no charge. It was a cheap one anyway and I may have already killed it due to this issue so I thought I would ask and buy one of those. They seem to be available in Oz and there are lots of manufacturers in china who make them but they don't seem to be imported here. I am trickle charging the battery now.

Tinkering with the new carb jets at the same time :thumb:

I would say you need a regulator as it stops the battery boiling and you would need one for AGM as they don't like being overcharged (bit like us)

Bit of a pain 6v electrics!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online