2001 DTR125 oil problem

gazman
This post is 4400 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum just looking for a bit of advice on an old dt125. After a recent crash i have noticed oil leaking from the gearbox cover, i managed to remove all screws holding it on and the radiator hose etc and used a tiny amount of instant gasket to see if it would seal it. Put everything back together and put fresh oil into gearbox and topped up radiator, after starting the bike it seemed to have sealed the leak but there is oily water i think coming out of an overflow pipe and i'm not too sure why as it had not done that earlier on when it was running. I'd appreciate any advice you have to give me on this problem.

Thanks again.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes youre probably right but whats the anoying part is that was it something i did to cause it as it was ok prior to fixing the leak or was it just a coincidence that it happened just after i fixed the leak?

Gazman.

A lot of people, including myself, like to see an introduction in the newbies section of the forum. Although it is not mandatory, it does seem that people help out more when this is done. There is a link here to explain the decorum

Did you loose the o ring on the pipe that feeds coolant into the motor? or nick it on reassembly? that most likely the cause of coolant in the gear box. Dump out the oil and see how much coolant is mixed in before you dammage bearings. Pull the cover and check the oring bet its riped /missing . If not pop in a new w/p seal and new o ring

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online