Yamaha YBR 125 Chinese import version spares

daveread
This post is 4400 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've a 2008 (manufactured in 2007) YBR. Didn't realise when we purchased a couple of years back that it was an imported model from China. Not that its any trouble, its been great. But....

I took the carb apart to give it a good clean and noticed the square / oval kind of shaped rubber gasket (has two bolt holes either side) between the carb housing and connection to engine block could to with replacing.

Now, the gasket from the carb UK version ybr is a different size (larger) and doesn't fit. I phoned two Yamaha dealers local to me and both informed that they can't get of the parts of the Chinese model. They gave me the part number I need (5VL E35 660000) for the gasket and I've searched the net to no avail.

I found these gasket sheets on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item41653c651e

Its not rubber and I'll have to check the thickness, and of course I'd have to cut around the gasket but I'm guessing that'll work. Any thoughts?

This has made me think though....I'm planning on keeping the bike a good while, so thinking ahead I'm wondering if I'll have trouble buying any other parts it might need down the road. It does have the square headlight setup, so thats one thing (although I think I've seen these on ebay) . And apparently Yamaha tell me the carb is a different model / set up. They were not sure even if the carb of a UK model would be interchangeable with this bike as its possible the air filter housing is different and it would seem from the trouble with the gasket size that the connection to the engine block is different also.

Anyone else out there had similar troubles? If there is a supplier that can provide the chinese market parts over the internet then I suppose I'd be happy. Or if anyone out there has successfully replaced the carb on one of these bikes with a UK version I'd love to hear your experience. At the moment I'm thinking I can probably get around the gasket issue but if anything more serious goes wrong with the carb or if any spare parts are needed I could be stuffed. The parts guy at Yam knew nothing of the carb on my bike so I'm assuming the spares related to the carb shall be different from the UK version also.

As far as I can tell the rest of the bike is similar or the same as our UK version.

It sort of makes me wonder, why bother importing bikes?

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Got to do a little work for charity every now and again Drewps!

It could be seen as a "don't buy a Chinese YBR with a small carb because it will cause issues" warning to others.

It could be seen as a "don't buy a Chinese YBR with a small carb because it will cause issues" warning to others.

Yeah, that is part of the reason I wanted to post. Any potential buyers out there are probably better off making sure they get there hands on the proper uk version.

I'll update if I come across any solutions / more problems

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online