DT175MX Big One Exhaust

qdsace
This post is 4253 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, advice required yet again, purchased my DT175 with a "big one" complete exhaust system, performance is quite poor with the power only arriving at 7,000rpm then tailing off at the redline 8,000. I had the original exhaust which is a bit tatty but put that on & it made a big difference, power now comes in around 6,000 & tails off around 7,500. I'm not sure of the carb jet size but when reading about the new exhaust it says jet changes are usually not required. Even with the standard exhaust I'm struggling to get much faster than 55 to 60mph, is this normal or should I check the sprocket sizes ?

One again any information would be appreciated.

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yes they arent very fast Dave, 60 is about it without thrashing it, I would expect the big one should have a bigger jet but if you are happy with the standard one you might as well stick with that eh? by all means check the sprockets 15/49 is standard but it's common to go up 1 on the front for better road speeds

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online