Motorcycle Safety

Sir Puma
This post is 4280 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just finished taking a safety course offered by Pacific Northwest Motorcycle Safety Inc here in Washington state. I took the beginners course as the only thing I've ridden other than a bicycle was a moped some 25 years ago in high school. I did so well that not only did I get the highest score in the class which had a couple long time riders, but I got offered a job as an instructor. Since I'm self employed and don’t make enough to help out with the household bills I’m seriously considering it. And it’s loads of fun.

Marcus

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Definitely! Go for it. :) I took STAR (skills training advantage for riders) back in the 90s and most of the guys were court-ordered to attend. I think it should be mandatory...it's incredibly easy to get a motorcycle license here, and proper training can save lives. :)

In Washington the safety course is required now to get your cycle endorsement. The cool thing is that all his instructors are independent contractors to him and then he has a contract with the state. I could teach as much or as little as I want. It would be a great way to suplement my current (very low) income. I don't make a lot as a gunsmith and dealer, just enough to keep my business alive. I had so much fun in the beginners course that I want to take the rest of their courses, but sadly I just don't have the money to do them all. But I think over the next few months I'll be able to get at least the Beginner Level II and perhaps the Advanced Level done. Then they have an onstreet course that he partners with another company that was founded by a guy that came over from England that is really great. is the company that I did the course with. This is a video about their onstreet course.

The main guy in the video was my instructor and the owner of the company.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online