length of trousers / knee pads for shortass!

atocp
This post is 4402 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys and girls,

I have a clothing related question regarding the length of textile trousers. I have recently purchased a pair of Weise Titan sport 30' (short), but I found that the knee pads became shin protectors. I sent them back, and bought a pair of Weise S-Type 30' (regular) and they are pretty much the same. My question is this, does anyone know of smaller made trousers (similar style) or knee protectors that can be relocated?

Or the second question is this, both those Weise trousers have zips to get access to the knee pads...and the knee pockets are much deeper than the need to be....would adjusting the knee protectors by adding on foam to the bottom to make them longer so they stand up from the bottom of the pocket be ok??

I am asking because the knee protectors are obviously useless if they aren't on my knees, but I am worried that buy clothing that needs to be modified from new isn't the route to go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....btw, im 5"3.5'. The .5 makes a difference.

Cheers all for the help,

atocp

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Mine have a strip of velcro on the inside of the pocket, with a corresponding strip on the pad that allows me to alter the seating height.

However, ALL pads do this, pretty much. It's because they're secured to the trousers, not to your leg itself. When you stand, your trouser legs drop. The only real solution to this is to hoik your trousers up as/before you mount the bike to ensure the pads seat properly for riding... and just deal with them banging off your shins when you walk around. Happens to all of us, even those who are under 5'!

If you want them to stay in place all the time, you'll need to lash them directly to your knee or affix them to something that doesn't move, like a pair of plate armour greaves :D

Thanks for the info Ttaskmaster,

Fortunately the courier that was meant to take back the Titan short leg today never showed up. As well as getting a reimbursement and free next pickup (to take back the Weise S-Type :eusa_dance: ) it means I'll get to try on the shorter leg again using your advice.

Aw well, here's me hoping big companies like that would think of something more substantial to solve the problem, but I suppose they market to the majority.

Thanks again for the help,

atocp

They market to whatever is most cost-effective.

Simple fact is that leather doesn't stretch like lycra, so your pads will go wherever they can. Basic physics.

You could always try modding them yourself.

They all do that.

You could go for a pair of trousers without protectors and use enduro type hard protection. Google "Enduro knee protectors". These fit to you a bit like football shinpads.

Weise is a very good make, in my opinion BTW.

I've removed all the knee armour from my leathers, waterproofs and kevlar jeans and use Alpinestar reflex knee guards. You strap them to your legs put your leathers or what ever over them and they stay in place whatever happens great peice kit

Hi guys,

Thanks for informing me of the extra knee protectors there. I've decided im going to try the 'hoik them up' method for a wee while, and see how i get on. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try modifying them myself, using good old sewing and ingenuity. Failing that, I can always fall back on using the strap on knee protectors. For the extra 20-50 for the knee protectors, I may as well try the other methods first and see how it goes.

Thanks guys,

atocp

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online