This could be a blonde question !

jeannette
This post is 4330 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I know the difference between 125 and R6 and R1 for example... But

Is a bike safe by the size of the tyres ???

I don't ride a bike yet, I am learning. I have however driven a car for 20 years + On the bike I am afraid of skidding off the road LOL

so I was wondering if the tyres are bigger does it hold the road better

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nope, correctly fitted good quality all weather tyres of the right size work fine..

You think your going to fall because we all have a natural balance system we perfected when we learned to walk. If we lean over too far a default "i'm faling over, must correct" instinct kicks in.

In truth unless you ride over ice for example a bike is more stable leaned over, it increaces the size of the contact patch and thanks to the laws of physics, equal and opposite forces etc. When the bike is lent over the tyre become the pivot point and as such the force trying to push you back to vertical actually ends up with the tyre pushing harder on the road giving better grip.

If your at race track extremes your asking for trouble but the angles most of us ride at the bikes are fine.

Yup I agree with all that Cynic says there, do not skimp on tyres they are your contact with the road. from personal experience with my son sliding of his fizzy and nearly ending up under a bloody knighstbridge tractor on cheap chinese tyres , the fitting michelins to the bike at only £5 per tyre more but it transformed the wet and dry grip by an incredible amount

+1 on all of the above...... tire size is like haven a big dick but no Idea how to use it. Good tires and confidence in them is the key.

Rule #1 though cold tires = less traction hot/warm tires = best traction ..so take it easy for the first few miles every ride till they come up in temp.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online