new handlebars...

TheBoltons
This post is 4407 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So about to buy some new bars...

Then I notice that the wazzock that put racing bars on my SR125 must have also shortened the brake line and possibly the throttle cable... So as I am customizing the rest of the bike, IF I got bigger bars (i.e. Bigger than standards), how awkward would it be to sort out a longer brake line, throttle cable, electrics, etc?

I mean obviously it should be child's play, but im thinking the electrics would be more awkward. Anything I should pay close attention to?

Also the wire from the clutch lever has corroded to s*** and pretty much broke - are we talking new clutch mount for the bars altogether or can I fix?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So about to buy some new bars...

Then I notice that the wazzock that put racing bars on my SR125 must have also shortened the brake line and possibly the throttle cable... So as I am customizing the rest of the bike, IF I got bigger bars (i.e. Bigger than standards), how awkward would it be to sort out a longer brake line, throttle cable, electrics, etc?

I mean obviously it should be child's play, but im thinking the electrics would be more awkward. Anything I should pay close attention to?

Also the wire from the clutch lever has corroded to s*** and pretty much broke - are we talking new clutch mount for the bars altogether or can I fix?

Very easy. You can get them off the shelf or made up. Search for venhill, goodridge or hel once you have measured the length and the size of the banjo's.

Lots of broken SR's around. you should be able to pick up a good clutch perch secondhand.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online