new member intro

boon
This post is 4411 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys, new member making my formal introduction, my first post was not following etiquette, sorry! :)

I'm called Andy, but some of my mates call me Boon,( i answer to either, lol) been into motorbikes for as long as i can remember, my dad built me a wee fieldbike out of a Capri scooter frame and an NSU Quickly engine when i was about 8.... hooked ever since! lol

I was a lucky chap, where i stayed, two doors down lived Tom King, TT racer Alistair Kings brother! after visiting i would come away with copies of ''the blue un'' and ''the green un'' from the 40's, 50's and 60's, hence the British bikes in my bike history.

got my first bike ''on the road'' at 16yo, a lime green Honda ss50, oh the joys of the open road, throttle wound back to the stop, all the time lol, got a Honda cg125 at 17, missed the 250cc learner law by 2 months, was gutted, guys in the same year at school as me on 250s and me with a 125 :( Anyway, passed my 2 part test and moved on up through the ranks with various sizes and shapes of bike until I got to where I am today with a lot of grey hair, a bigger belly and aThunderace!

I've got photos of some of them which i might try and post in the future :)

Have fun and take care guys, looking forward to getting to know you,

Andy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

what a terriffic Intro Andy, Greetings and welcome sir, I had an nsu quicky wreck when I was a kid too, never rode it but had the engine clamped in a vise in the shed, just used to start it up right there and lift the carb slide with a screwdriver to fiill the outbuilding with sound and smoke.. well it kept me amused for a while ;)

Those things held the moped speed record for many years, I remember being somewhat impressed by the chrome bore

the sound and smell! you got to love it! :)

checked the flyer out on another post, looks good. nice to see 4 strokes are welcome too lol. is it ticket only or pay on gate?

Hey boon welcom to the yoc grate intro.If I read the flyer right its free to attend.

the best price for anything :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online