Hello All

Jayda R1
This post is 4410 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello ,

I just had to join this forum....I have an R1 2008 which has developed a compression problem at 5800 miles. Coils and plugs tested today by dealership and bike getting compression test done tomorrow hopefully.

i was browsing the net and a member in here has posted similar problems with his/her R1 2008.....I cant believe ir coz a only got the bike last August....and the dealers labour charge is £72 an hour.....it was runnung fine then started to pop when throttle was shot off....and running like a coo...

A will keep ye posted....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:welcome: Jayda. Bummer about the bike. Hope they get it sorted with minimal labor!

Thanks for the replies....and support....

Not much a can do just now except let them put a test meter on the cylinders ....see what it reads....

I am fortunate though coz I have just paid off my mortgage....

Might need to re-mortgage to get this bike fixed......lol......

I will keep you posted....hopefully good news by the middle of next week.....

Like to add that your site is very good ....nice layout and easy to get around....as you can see I managed to put up a profile and signature pic.....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online