Stop & tail info please.

DirtyDT
This post is 4418 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I can't be ar5ed to go and look so can anyone tell me the following please:

On a stop & tail bulb there are 2 filiments. One thin and one thicker. Which one is which please? There doesn't seem to be a noticable difference in brighness in the 6v bulb on the TS and the pattern back light has seperate wires with non standard coloured wiring.

Cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

bulb_dual.jpg

This should explain it for you

To determine which contact is which, hold the bulb sideways in front of you, glass bulb to left and contact end to right. Rotate it until you see the two pins on sides of the base. One pin is close to the base end, the other pin is farther up the base closer to the glass. Rotate it so the pin closer to the base is at the bottom, and the other pin is at top (a little to the left of the bottom one). The contact closest to you is the low filament contact for tail lights, the other is for the high filament for brake lights.

Cheers Sniff. I didn't expect such a comprehensive answer but just to test my understanding:

Thin wire = 5w = Tail

Thicker wire = 21w = Stop

Cheers.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online