Just popped in to say hello

Gas up - Let's Go!
This post is 4146 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HELLO !!!!

Been away for a while, so here I am again, saying hello.

Still got the trusty Tenere, still riding her in lots of rough and dirty place, but alas the TT600RE has a new owner, or at least once the bikes gets to ,,,, New Zealand !!!

A couple of weeks ago I picked up another bike to replace the TT600RE, a Triumph Tiger 800xc, and here she is:

T-Tiger0001.JPG

T-Tiger0004.jpg

T-Tiger0006.jpg

She's not as good as the Tenere in the twisty narrow lanes of the Lakes, and can't touch the Tenere on dirt, but Mrs GULG will be happier to sit on the back of the Tiger.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Greetings Darren yeah that a beauty, how new?

out of the box new....

Had her 500 mile first service today, the one where Triumph don't replace the 'running on' ECU map with a proper one :eusa_whistle:

You mean 'do' ?

running in ?

Well, Triumph claim they don't do such a thing,, but I can tell you the bike I rode home was not the same bike I took in, some 2 hours before !

Running IN,,yes :idea:

nice looking bike that mate, but they are a pig to pull apart.

Apparently so. With that warranty thing for 2 years, it won't be my problem :hah:

Going to Kendal today..... it's like the badlands!

The Tiger is more for 2up travel, the Tenere is still the solo bike, and there are some thoughts in the pipeline for Scandinavia and Eastern Europe. Maybe take the Tiger for a Battlefield Tour in the spring to give it a shakedown.

Africa has always been in my sights, but to be honest it's just a bit to unpredictable at the moment, blimey I considered Syria 18 months ago!!

The world is a little too unstable to plan anything too far in the future, and when you have other commitments it makes long distance stuff very difficult.

• 3 months later...

Hey Gas Up - I think I'm the new owner of your TTR600RE in NZ. It's in NZ customs right now so not got my hands on it yet.

Looks like you're doing the reverse of me - I have a Tenere from new with 70,000kms of USA dirt under it's belt and now looking for something a little easier to pick up and no water cooling.

Looking forward to an e-start rather than kicking the TTR600R.

cheers

Tuscan

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online