Recycled Teenager with RD 350 YPVS N2

This post is 4420 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks,

After too many years of not riding I decided to dig my trusty YPVS out of the garage over the weekend, and have been giving her a good clean and polish.

I had thought of selling her, as I am getting a bit old and rounded to be doing daft things on bikes, but seeing her sleek black and red lines I might just rethink that one. :hah:

It looks as if I will need to fix the fuel tap as it leaks when I try to turn it. I gather there are seals kits available so that should be easy enough to do.

However, the aircraft style fuel filler cap is more of a mystery. The key turns, but the cap will not open. I have tried removing the Allen head screws, but these don't seem to get me anywhere. And in any case, if the locking mechanism won't retract, the cap won't open regardless. I have a horrible feeling that I might have to drill it out.

Anyhow, it looks as if I will have a few weekends of fun. Unfortunately it also looks as if I will have to ditch the tyres. They are hardly worn Pirelli's, but the rubber has obviously gone off as they are so hard. There is no point if I cannot get my toes on the tarmac through bends in the wet.

Other than that I don't expect to have too many problems, but I shall no doubt be calling in from time to time to ask for advice from those who know.

I look forward to your company.

Naughty Nigel

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:welcome: to the YOC Naughty Nigel. Sounds like you'll be up and riding in no time. :)

:welcome: NN

get it fixed before summer's out and relive your yoof again :D

Thanks guys. That is my plan. :spin2:

I wouldn't mind taking it over for the MGP again for some fresh Manx air and the whiff of Castrol R, but I think 'management' might have something to say about that. :pumpking:

NN

get over to Squires, free camping and the YOC posse will be there.

its not that far for you ;)

get over to Squires, free camping and the YOC posse will be there.

its not that far for you ;)

+1

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome nigel" thers a big 2 stroke rally near you this weekend, Newton Aycliff , rugby club camping,, i may turn up weather permitting,, :beerchug:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online