2003 dtr125-nearly stolen, detroyed barrel...no red light, no spark, wont start

johnklpl
This post is 4423 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, Someone tried to steal my bike and barrelled it...needed to get to work, so I had to wire it myself wires coming from the ignition barrell were 4...brown,red,blue/yellow,blue/black...brown n red joined gave me my neutral light and red light (oil light) but wouldn't spark when tryin to kick, then I joined blue/yellow and blue/black and it kicked an sparked an started...it ran sluggish then ticked over on 2000 soons I went to rev it over 3500 it cut out, then no spark or red lights!! Wouldn't start again...so put battery on charge for a 3hrs back on bike, but still no red lights an it went 3rd kick, but same happened soons I went to rev ten will not start!!

Now there's no red light, no spark when I kick, but when I connect again I here the servo for the powervalve adjusting itself...

please help!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks for the reply dirty...I've stripped all the black tape off most of the harness to show the wires an the plugs, an I can't see no fuses in the system were would they be? I think I may have blown the Cdi? as the blue/yellow and blue/black wires that I bridge by accident trace to the black box attached to the back of my 2 stroke bottle...

Fuse(s) will be by the battery.

Take out the plug for an hour. Connect the wires together. fit the battery. put the plug back in and try again. You may have also blown the warning lights and the reving trouble could be down to the cylinder being awash with fuel. Cheaper to try this first than buy a new CDI.

You need a new ignition,,,,,, the probs will never go away otherwise.

damage has allready been done,,,,, cdi,,,,,coil,,,,blowen fuses,,,,,,posably blowen neurtal relay at back of bike, nothing will work without this.

I'm a real believer in doing things the right way,,,,,,, cutting corners only askes for trouble.

I know 2 wheels emergency though, had to wire it to get to work...anywho I've Checked the entire harness, it has no fuses or relays anywhere in there harness or neutral relay?! What does this neutral relay do? As the bike has always ran perfect...HELP!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online