Problem with clutch not disengaging, YZ125 '00

This post is 4239 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I recently had to replace my oil level check bolt because the threads were stripped. That was simple but ever since putting the clutch cover back on I can't get the clutch to work properly. I think it has to do with the push rod and push lever not being properly set. But I don't know what else to do. When I pull my clutch handle in I feel the rod pushing the entire distance. So it isn't like I have too much slack and the rod isn't moving far enough. But even with the clutch pulled all the way in the gears will not disengage.

I'm a bit of a noob though. I'm not totally sure what the rod is supposed to do. I think the push lever rotates clockwise when the clutch is pulled in and pulls the push rod out which pulls on the pressure plate and that disengages the gears from the motor.

Any thoughts?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I can't help with your clutch unless it's maybe missing the little ball bearing behind the push rod... but I don't know if your model even has one of those. Others here will have a better idea, and you'll get a better reaction from them if you introduce yourself in the new member section. :)

........................ I think it has to do with the push rod and push lever not being properly set.............................

.................... I think the push lever rotates clockwise when the clutch is pulled in and pulls the push rod out which pulls on the pressure plate and that disengages the gears from the motor.

Sounds about right.

Have a look at the link LINKY

Looks like number 20 turns and pulls on number 11 which disengages number 8.

When you took the clutch cover off, did you note the position of item 25 relative to something on the bike? If you can feel pressure when you pull the clutch in then is sounds like items 11 & 20 are engaging. What you need to do is take off item 25 and then move it a little further away from the front of the bike. This shouldn't be too tricky as item 20 should be sitting in a locating hole in the clutch cover so:

Off with items 26, 27 and 25 noting where 25 is at the moment. replace 25 a little further from the front of the bike and replace 26 & 27. Being careful of the spring (24). Refit the cable and test it.

Good luck.

You probably just removed the arm#25 from top of#20 when you took it apart right? if so just pop it back off finger wind 20 back to take up the free play and put the arm back on shouldn't need to move it back farther. There is alot of free play on 20 so wind it in the opposite direction that the arm pulls it.

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online