recomend me a battery

dan28
This post is 4422 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

recomend a new battery should i get a lithuim item or gel or maybe just a standard battery (i now have more space so can fit a bigger battery)

the lithiums are quite expensive is there any difference in porfrmance or is it more to do with the size of the batery fitted

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thanks for the link

because i now have more space enableing me to fit a larger than standard battery

should i buy one that is the same ampage as standard or higher

bigger battery = more weight = slower bike

bigger capacity battery = bigger cranking amps = reliable bike

put in a smaller powerful battery and use the spare space for your butties :)

my standard battery is 12v 6 ah

my local hein gericke are selling off their batterys half price

so is it ok to fit a bigger battery with a greater ah than 6 (remember my lights are wired permantly on)

i am confused when it comes to cranking amps the bigger ah = more cranking power but also battery is larger to accomened the extra power?

i would imagine the only difference you will notice ,would be your starter motor will spin faster , and for longer.

im basing this on having a high amp caravan battery,(NO ,? I DON'T OWN A BLUDDY CARAVAN)

so if the battery has a greater ah than standard it will take longer to go flat?

but would it also put strain on the starter etc ?

i am confused as it would still only be 12v