clothing question.

kevinneill889
This post is 4360 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all have a somewhat random question to ask you all.

Im wondeing from head to toe what clothing you where when riding your bike. Now im not talking about going a 300 mile run here i mean maybe a nip to the shop, a trip maybe 2 miles to see family etc.

The reason i ask is i had this talk with my friend the other day and he is saying "2 min run down the road and i still wear full riding gear" i.e.helmet, gloves, snood, bike jacket, bike trousers and bike boots. Now i can see his point for safety but bloody hell it will take you longer to put that gear on so why no jump in the car(if you have one)?

Anyway your thoughts, and i need head to toe gear where mind as i want to sum up against myself.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

I use 2 piece leathers or a 2 piece textile suit when I am going any distance at any serious speeds, however when it is bloody hot I wear some bike jeans for the shorter journeys, I always use bike boots gloves and a good helmet. But I do believe that the most accidents happen on roads close to home when you might be thinking of the beer in the fridge.

Jacket gloves and helmet minimum for me. Boots too generally.

Just my speedo's and flip flops.

For that distance I would use the car but as Cynic really. Keep looking at kevlar jeans but haven't go round to it yet.

Really hot = mankini and matching helmet.

Anything else = boots, armoured trousers & jacket, helmet, gloves.

I reakon going out on a bike for 2 mins or 200 mins without protective gear is just nuts. Yeah it takes time to get dressed but if you're after comfort stay in & watch songs of praise for the evening. Remember, the laws of physics don't care if you're just popping down the shops. If you come off its gonna hurt! As for the Kevlar jeans - I wear these but only if it's warm - they're a good job. That's my tuppence worth anyway ....... Now, wears that mankini....... Time to rock the wife's world........

Really hot = mankini and matching helmet.

Anything else = boots, armoured trousers & jacket, helmet, gloves.

I reakon going out on a bike for 2 mins or 200 mins without protective gear is just nuts. Yeah it takes time to get dressed but if you're after comfort stay in & watch songs of praise for the evening. Remember, the laws of physics don't care if you're just popping down the shops. If you come off its gonna hurt! As for the Kevlar jeans - I wear these but only if it's warm - they're a good job. That's my tuppence worth anyway ....... Now, wears that mankini....... Time to rock the wife's world........

Really hot.....Norn Iron?

Jacket gloves and helmet minimum for me. Boots too generally.

+1

Would like to get some dragging jeans, but I have a hard time buying things without trying them on.

Helmet, Leather jacket and gloves, boots and draggin jeans, no matter where i go.

Takes less than 2 minutes to get knocked off your bike.

Full leathers, boots, gloves and lid. Always. Always. Fucking well always.

Bloody hot? Vented leathers.

Friend of mine was an advanced riding instructor. He lost his left leg from a bike incident while travelling under 15mph. A woman I knew (and hated) crashed low-ish speed in jeans - Her leg was de-gloved.

Ride however you like in whatever you like. If you fuck it up and you didn't take all reasonable precautions, you will get NO sympathy from me - Just scathing sarcasm and possibly further humiliation.

The kit isn't that expensive, either, so it's just your choice over whether you sweat a bit for a short while, or spend the rest of your life a crippled flid who can't even piss without someone to help you.

I can't really paint a harsher picture of the reality than that... :)

With the weather we are having down here in Yeovil i rode to work bollock naked! fantastic ride! feeling it all slapping about in the wind bladdey lovely!

On a serious note tho, i always have my leather jacket, boots, skid lid and gloves with my combats on..........but on longer rides i have my Kevlar pants on with padding in all the right places.

Mankini's and things slapping around? This thread is just getting plain wrong. Good for my diet though as it put me off my lunch!

Looks like it could be a fun filled day.......!

images.jpg

Ok folks cheers for the feedback, I am a helmet gloves and jacket guy myself but maybe i should wear the boots too then.

Don't want folk thinking im a knob i do have all the kit leather and cordura but there can be days im out then back for half an hour then out for another ten mins then in again so on and so on.

Looks like it could be a fun filled day.......!

images.jpg

It's nice...

tumblr_lqal6yaJ011qb11d3.jpg

:icon_eek:

Really hot.....Norn Iron?

Don't friggin talk to me! Clothing? Needed a friggin snorkel and those stupid orange inflatable arm bands I wore as a kid today. It has rained solidly from 5 am and still going strong at 7 pm. Still - gave ma a good excuse to buy some new clothing today - just in case I come off my bike as ttaskmaster passes by!

just in case I come off my bike as ttaskmaster passes by!

If yeh're a biker, I'll be stopping to help. If yeh're wearing stupid stuff and talk to me about it (strangely enough, I tend not pass judgement on folks when it really matters), I'll be very scathing... but I'll still help.

If yeh're a biker, I'll be stopping to help. If yeh're wearing stupid stuff and talk to me about it (strangely enough, I tend not pass judgement on folks when it really matters), I'll be very scathing... but I'll still help.

Spoken like a true biker! :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online