The long way round

This post is 4442 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Being self-employed in London driving a van, I needed a solution to get myself around the city during the games.

I bought a chinese import 125 scooter to get me though the olympics 2 months ago; I was relieved when a reluctant Yamaha dealer agreed with some arm twisting to take it off my hands as px on a Oct'11 Yamaha YBR 125.

I am now more than satisfied with my new bike and would strongly recommend anyone who is tempted by the low prices of internet scooters fron china to avoid them at all cost. I know £899 sounds to good to be true for a 125 scooter; but like anything, you definately pay for what you get.

I did my CBT on a 125 YBR Yamaha and I knew then that I had made a serious mistake in not visiting a dealer and going for the cheap option.

Anyway, I am now the proud owner of a Yamaha 125 YBR (EFI) and ready for the olympic traffic chaos.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi welcome though I don't think anyone here would buy 1 of thoes POS. Enjoy your Olympics tryin to get around the Olympics

On a funny note the local Rock radio station Fm 96 for some reason is not alowed to say the word Olympics Been listing all day and sounds funny everytime they say "the running jumping thing " But doing a tribute to english bands.

LOL the station is in LONDON ONTARIO CANADA

Hi and welcome to the forum. I am originally a Londoner and used to live in Stratford.

Chinese bikes do have a bad reputation but a lot of bike for the money and spares are cheap. I have never owned one though.

I used to look after a fleet of mainly Korean and Chinese copies. Every single one was a piece of fucking shite.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online