YZF750R EXUP cables

racingbikerboy
This post is 4439 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right, the dreaded seizing EXUP valve (now unseized), has caused the EXUP cables to fray badly at the EXUP valve end.

I know that the part numbers`and descriptions are as follows:~

i) 4FM-1133E-00-00 cable pulley 1 &

ii) 4FM-1133F-00-00 cable pulley 2

iii) £45 each (cant rememeber if that's inc or + VAT, but still too much too pay for 2x cables)

EXHAUST Yamaha YZF750RF 1994 OEM Parts - Cheap Cycle PartsEXHAUST Yamaha YZF750RF 1994 OEM Parts - Cheap Cycle Parts

www.cheapcycleparts.com › OEM PartsYamaha1994

I have read on a forum topic somewhere else on this site that the inner length is about 620mm & the`outer is approx 445mm. Now the Q's:~

Q1) Does anybody know what the difference is between the 2 cables? (e.g. length? if so, by how much? which part number is the long one? and which is the short?)

Q2) Can either cable be used be used for both sides of the sevo & pulley? (depends on answer to Q1), e.g. 2x long ones can be used (for both sides of the pulley).

Q3) Does anyone know if anyone does any good pattern EXUP cables for the YZF750? Who? (Yambits don't appear to, but they do for other Yams), Granby motors seem to sell them (closed now tho'), but not sure if these are genuine parts (expensive) or pattern. Venhill dont appear to do them either (also closed now).

Q4) Any recommendations for breakers that do YZF750's usually?

Q5) Any other info? or ideas related to this subject welcomed.

Thanks for your replies peeps.

Graham

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Whilst it does not answer any of your questions, can I politely point you to this thread.

On a more helpful note.

I had the same problem and I ended up going to my local bike shop and buying a kit which is usually used to make up throttle cables. There was enough inner and the barrel ends to make up new cables in this kit.

All I did was to cut the ends off the old inner measure the length cut the same length new inner cable insert through original outer and then solder the ends on. Job done and cost about £10!

Hi Stuart_G,

Thanks for your top tip, I think i will try the same then, although I will either use screw on barrel ends, or if one end already have swaged ends on and I have to use soldered ends on the other ends, I will ensure the soldered ends are at the servo end and the red hot exhaust end ;-).

Thanks again

Graham

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online