Browswer options?

Cynic
This post is 4448 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Apparently IExp has been updated (naff fanfare). Fair enough, the catch being that to use it you need to upgrade windows. They want money for that. Tossers.

Sky runs using IE which is a bit of a crappy tie in, anybody got options or work rounds. As Paypal for example flagged it as a security issue, as have sky. Or am i stuck. Cos the laptop we use isn't clever enough to run the latest windows.And as such the latest IE.

Email (which wifey uses for work) and such is about as high tec as me and wifey get on computers, a lot of the time i don't use it, just my phone which is fine if a bit small to look at for too long reading.

Any of you more computer savvy sorts go an idea?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think you can run it in firefox. I dont have sky but use Firefox as the default browser.

Read the linky as they seem to have it running. Make sure you have the right flashplayer as there were some issues last month with the latest Firefox upgrade. LINKY

Hmm, looks like Firefox has fixed it. Had to get round IE explorer blocking the firefox down load "For my security protection".

Everything seems ok, looks a bit different and the sky has reccomended IE as a better option but bollocks to that.

Cheers

Glad it worked Jason.

You can alter the way it looks. Things I use are:

Firefox 3 theme for firefox 4+ - this makes the appearance more old IE

New tab homepage - this opens any new tabs as your homepage. I use google.com as a homepage with the predictive words turned off.

Google translator - Very handy to translate those foreign ebay pages before you push "Buy it now"

Advertising cookie opt out - stops a lot of the ads based on your resent searches. If I am looking for a TS part I dont need adverts for BMW parts.

To add these, or any others at the top of the page click Tools > add ons

Loads of stuff in there.

If you right click at the top of the page and tick

Menu

Navigation