Scratches

Mallory1
This post is 4374 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks,

I stupidly scratched the tank yesterday with my tank bag (think a small stone was caught between the bag and the tank). The scratches don't seem to be too deep. Can anyone advise from experience which products would best sort this out ? The bike is black in colour.

Cheers

Mal.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As Airhead says, T Cut.

You can buy it with a type of pen you rub over the scratch then use the liquid.

If you want it done right there are a number of "Scratch Away" type companies that will come out to your house...Dunno how much they cost tho'

Ive heard that, that Mantis stuff is pretty good, it must only be the top layer (lacquer) that you have scratched so the mantis pen will fill that in for you.

Black marker pen works for me, then polish normally.

Cheers everyone ... think I'll give the old T cut a go. Liked the black marker idea though :idea:

you could go to halfords and buy a clear coat touch up pen, give it a wee touch in and leave it high. Once its dry/hard get some very light wet'n'dry paper and flatten it down then polish with a t-cut.

This does work but i cany say this strongly enough the paper must be light and you have to be careful when you rub the clear coat, take your time rub light and make sure you spray it with water when rubbing. If you dont know much about wet'n'dry paper it will fell like there is no grit on the paper.

2000 grit would be a good choice.

If you dont feel comfy doing this a repair centre would remove it for you.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online