Getting ready to get my 1970 DT250 running

Sprattes
This post is 4460 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all, pretty new to forums so we will see how this g oes. I am the owner of my dads 1970 yamaha enduro dt2 50. Its all original and in great shape but hasnt been r idin in 30 years. Only has 1400 miles on it. I need some help of where to look to find original par ts for it. Besides ebay i wasnt sure if there are good p arts websites out there. Also, if anyone has a red oil tank that is in real good s hape that they want sell please let me know. Thanks for any help!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I use powersportsplus for OEM parts. I have 3 parcels on their way at the moment and some stuff still on back order. Quick shipping for me in the UK too.

I'm not sure where in the states you are, but I use a place out of Oregon (NW Vintage Cycle Parts). They've been fast and quite friendly to me. :)

Powersportsplus has clickable part #s that show you what else the part goes on - helpful when surfing E bA. I'm doing an RT3 and the cross-ref has helped tremendously. RT1s and DT1s use mostly the same parts, but RT/DT 2s and 3s could be different. Correct ID also goes a long way in this, as the '70 DT250 was actually named the DT1C - also told to you on powersportsplus.com.

I use yamahasportsplaza sometimes. They have the cross-ref too but it takes a few more clicks to get at. You have to input the part # into the search bar to find the models it fits.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online