what type of tyres for a dtr 125

This post is 4298 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum, What is it you intend to do with the bike ? is it purely a road/commute bike or will you be using it offroad and greenlaning etc, this obviously makes a difference to what tyres are best

Thanks Mark

Hello again , No need to apologise fella just didn't want to give you useless info :-) ,

Tyres are a massively personal thing so I can only tell you what I have fitted, evryone will have their own view.

As I mainly road ride with maybe one off road outing a month I have avon distanzia's on mine, they seem very good on road and ok off road which is all I need, you may need to look more off road specific as with your moto x background you'll spend more and more time getting minging :-)

Hope this helps, Thanks Mark

Ac10 is what o have on my 250, I like them off road, less so on road, but they are far better than some. I have a 3.50 continental twinduro on my dt, and is really the best compromise tyre. Similar to a deathwing, but better off and on road.

• 1 month later...

cheers for the comments guys been really busy with work having a problem getting tyres for the dtr

the tyre size i need is 80/90/21 front and 110/80/18 rear but only tyres i really find with that size are the t63s thats on it

I have Bridgestone Trailwing - 41 90/90 - 21 54S on the front and Dunlop Trailmax 65T 130/80 - 17 (you can get these in 18") on the rear of my XT600, on the DT125 enduro/on road wheels I use DUNLOP D605F 3.00x21 51P on the front, PIRELLI PROFESSIONAL MT43 4.00x18 64P for the rear,good for on and off road those,

Another decent tyre I've used in the past, and very good for a budget tyre, are the GOLDEN BOY TRAIL TIRE SR244.

Bridgestone TW301/302 is my choice.

TW301_302.jpg

Me too, they clog up a bit if you plod like the 4 stroke pilots but keep em spinning and their golden. Did have a proper mx mud tyre for the front in the winter. The rear was fine all round.

I couldn't get a set of TW's so I have thrown on a set of Conti TKC80 Twinduro on the TS. That is a 4.10 / 18

10%20progress.JPG

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online