RD125 DX 1978 RUNNING PROBLEM--PLEASE HELP

davidcole
This post is 4419 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Please help the bike will start up ok but when running it's reluctant to go over 5000 revs (50mph max)it holds back, i've stripped the carbs all looks nice and clean and ok, i've balanced them the best i can. but i still get this problem, I've started the bike with the right carb only (disconnected the left ht lead) and set the carb to idle about 1.3, but when i try the left carb only it will not start. I started the bike with both carbs and removed the right ht lead, engine kept running so i set this to idle at 1.3 for the left. BUT

One thing i notice when running with one carb is the right side i can rev quite well but the left side is holding back and will not rev past 4000, i take it the left is the problem area.

Is this a carb issue only or could there be other things i need to check, any advice would be most appriciated.

Thanks

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

First off you need to post an intro, let people know who you are. lots of people just blast in for a quick fix and clear off after 3 posts. Tat ain't fair.

After that, where on earth did you get your carb balancing info?

• 1 month later...

ok sorry, done that now in my profile, errrr carb balance info from Haynes manual, all efforts so far have failed, put a new battery on then took it out for a spin after 20 mins the bike just died on me no revs and would not start, not even a jump start, took the coils of and they tested ok, could the coils fail when warmed up ? it's driving me mad plus getting ear ache from my lady. any help would be greatfull----please

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online