yamaha yb 100 clutch

notell
This post is 4466 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Do you have a Haynes/Clymer (repair) manual for the bike? I think that would be a good first step. Read through the instructions for servicing the clutch etc. and decide if it's a job you're up to. If not, take it to a mechanic, if so, read through the directions again (IMHO). The manual should let you know any required tools for the job and then you can tackle it. :luck:

Also, post an intro in the New Member section to let everyone know a bit about you and your bike, and you'll likely get some info from the more experienced members on this site. :lol:

Usually the hardest part is getting the clutch side case cover off. I just did the clutch on my dt175 last week and I had to loosen a few of the phillips head bolts with a chisel and hammer because they were so badly stripped. Once you remove the cover the clutch is right there.

Sachas advice is good though. Get a clymer manual. If you have any mechanical inclination a clutch should be a walk in the park.

dont rush into fitting a new clutch just because the plates have stuck together through lack of use, get the engine hot then stop it, then select top gear and pull the clutch lever in, rock the bike back and forth perhaps with some help. If you are lucky it may free off.

As unsafe as it sounds a coworker of mine started his in neutral then propped the rear wheel up by leaning the bike over on the kick stand. With the wheel in the air he gave it a little throttle and popped it down into first gear and rev'ed it up with the rear wheel still in the air. As he did this he walked the clutch handle back and forth until the clutch came back. If either of these methods work, Id say drive around the block a few times to get the old dirty oil even dirtier. Then change it out for fresh oil.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online