TZR 250 no power under load.

custom creator
This post is 4483 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys... had a topic about this tzr 250 of mine 2 weeks ago. A first didnt want to start, but with every bodies help it finally did..... but new problem poped up. It seems to be reving fine and very high, but ones you go on the road it feels as if its running on a third of its power.

The jets and carbs are clean, the needle positions are on the 2nd slot from the top, i already tried moving it to the 3rd, problem only get worse. reed valves seem to be fine, only thing that seems strange is that the one exhaust seems to be smoking more than the other? dont know if it relevant?

Its just this power issue that i have right now. but like i said it revs beautifully...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Reving high? whats high, 6k 7 k. The exhausts, ideally you should get roughly the same from each pipe.

Is the link on the powervalve good.

(when sitting on bike)The left side smokes more, magneto side... and when i say it revs high i mean 10 000rpm +. almost as if nothing is wrong with it.

For the power valve bit, when the bike iddles i can see how the pwer valve adjusts its self. but the bike doesnt have a battery so i cant tell you if it moves when the key is turned on. but it starts fine and everything.

Sounds like carb to me still, my TDR went off the boil and all it took was 1 quarter of a turn on one throttle stop screw. Wasn't even enough to affect the idle speed but it made a big difference in the way it rode.

Are you sure the jets/carb are clean, ( :hah: i have known people clean the outside before )

What are the plugs like. You still haven't answerd the pv question. Are they both working as a pair, same with the carbs are they properly balanced, any leaks at the exhaust.

You really need to be thoughrough, when these bikes were new their power output and torque were off the chart compared to everything else. A few of the opposition made a bit more go but at the expence of most of the engine's torque.

Your carbs, exhausts etc need to be absolutely right. Not nearly, or somewhere near but bang on.

You have questioned the main jet in the past did you sort that out?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online