Choke Idle after oil change

HackSpaz
This post is 4364 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone can lend their opinions to my situation here. Yesterday I changed the oil in my 2002 V-Star 650 Classic. Its the first time Ive changed the oil since getting the bike back in March. I dont know what type of oil was in it before hand, so I figured with the warmer weather hitting us now it was best to be on the safe side and switch to a 20W50. I used yamalube by the way, and a new filter. I also changed out the final drive oil as well and put in an 80w90 hypoid gear oil.

So, the thing im wondering about is, after changing out the oil, the engine sounds different. I dont know if it was running rough before, but now it doesnt seem to have as much deep tone to it. Essentially the bike just sounds quieter. Also, when I cold start it, I pull out the choke, and while its warming up on the choke it sounds different as well, as if the rpms arent as high. Somehow it just seems to me like its quieter and not screaming as loud when its on the choke.

Could I have put too much oil in or something? I dunno, it just doesnt sound right anymore. Anyone got any ideas as to what this could be? Or maybe im just paranoid lol

Thanks guys!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.