My yamaha aerox 50cc rossi rep wont go fast

This post is 3873 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I de restricted the bike and added in new rollers ( 3.3g ) and also added a stage 6 pro replica exhaust, it trys to reach 30mph but cant and only reaches it goes down hills, but when it does reach 30mph the stage 6 exhaust kicks in and it flys right up to 50mph. I've had this bike for a year but it was sitting outside my house for 6 months of that year and ive only really been riding it 4 months. I fitted these things after i went 500miles and they were fitted the other day. Can anyone tell me whats wrong with it and why it isnt getting up to 30mph ???? PLEASE HELP :(

Is it the spark plug ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the forum. You really need to post a decent "hello" here and then ask a question in one of the sections you can find at the bottom of the home page.

That said, have you rejetted the carb?

Its overgeared. The exhaust doesent 'kick in' on a 2 stroke. Piston speed, airflow, port timing etc combine to create sweet spots generally know as power bands and it sounds like yours is out of sinc with the gearing.

Tune the engine even more, at your own risk and expence, or swap the rollers for a different set.

• 3 months later...

hey, when i baught a leo vince zx pipe for my 01 plate aerox i found i had the same problem.... upon consulting the 'doctor' (my dad) lol there was a washer/restricter in the downpipe by the head. remove that and you will notice a big difference :) failing that, buy a air filter, reeds and up jet.

• 1 year later...

I got a stage 6 pro rep carbon fibre version I got the valatinino Rossi limited edition 2010 plate I've had Leo vince tt exhaust before but changed it to stage 6 now but still got the tt rollers in my variator don't no what size they are my bike got slow acceleration but soons it hits 10 or 20 it will fly what rollers would I need for my exhaust

Welcome jason " start a new post in workshop, as this will go on, and on . good discussion tho" :yeah: er no roller in exhausts. :spin2: it be the drive ,,,

This post is 3873 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.