DT175. twinshock,,, "FINNISHED"

blackhat250
This post is 2838 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well its M.O.T.ed , and ready to rummble,,, Holmfirth run [DT forum] is first outing,,, :jossun:

021.jpg

022.jpg

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye Newmee" its like a new bike, i" didnt do the engine bottom end, just barrel & piston, its a little rummbly on over-run , ;

The storey about the 1975/6 colours is , In june 1976 i went to dealer, put deposit down on this model, he said better wait till August 1st,[ R reg] so when i went to pick up bike, it was the White/red stripe model, :eusa_shifty: [ as in Nayruff"S avitar] So 35 years on , I got me Red/black DT175, :hyper:

Not bottom end rumbles again. It reminds me of Squires.

Great story mate. In '76 I was riding about on a TS90, soon after changed to a GT250 Ramair. Oh happy day's!!!

Really nice just like the bike I first learned to ride, would love mine to be that good,

Is that a piece of hose around the side stand? gona copy that, will stop the stand from bashing the passenger foot peg,

Looks great John, When i seen it in your shed you had a lot of work left to do.

You will enjoy pondering round on her in the summer evenings.

Not bottom end rumbles again.

Well found the cause" its the rivvits on clutch basket , thers free play,,, yeh lots,,,, can you rerivvit them or just buy another basket..?

• 2 weeks later...

A cracking job on the bike John, nice one,

as for the clutch basket you do get a little play in the base cog plate as it has cush rubbers sandwiched inside, 2mm would be classed as normal play any more than that would be classed as excessive, can't re-rivet either new/second hand basket needed mate.

• 4 years later...
On 19/05/2012 at 7:17 PM, blackhat250 said:

Aye Newmee" its like a new bike, i" didnt do the engine bottom end, just barrel & piston, its a little rummbly on over-run , ;

The storey about the 1975/6 colours is , In june 1976 i went to dealer, put deposit down on this model, he said better wait till August 1st,[ R reg] so when i went to pick up bike, it was the White/red stripe model, :eusa_shifty: [ as in Nayruff"S avitar] So 35 years on , I got me Red/black DT175, :hyper:

Hi mate that was the first bike I ever bought 1976 great bike hottest summer on record I was a apprentice  welder 2 year I missed some days off work that summer on my new bike ha 

• Like 1

Remember it well, . hottest Ever  in the Uk,,   not been good up north this year..   wet & cold, bah,,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online