CS5 missing air joints/rubbers

flyday58
This post is 4374 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

With my THIRD project on the way, I need to try to locate a source for the air box joints or rubbers for a '72 CS5. The one bloke who had them on ebay wanted $125 USD per and I just couldn't do it. Anyone seen these available anywhere, or have serviceable spares they would care to part with? Item #7.

CS5joints.png

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The crook on there now wants 125.00 USD for the one he's got left. He's already sold two at that price. (I say "he', could be a "she". :rah: ) Guess I'll be going the aftermarket route for this item...

I am a tight git

so if non originality is not a problem I would scavenge aroung my local car breakers yard looking for radiator top hoses or some such similar adaptable hoses, before giving any Dick Turpin my dosh,

just a thought

what condition are yours in flyday, can't they be bodged up for a while?

They are currently composed of air, warm thoughts, and a dash of remember when, so no bodging to be done

try alasdair http://www.ydsparts.com/ he may be able to help

Sent this guy an email, but it came back undeliverable. Curses.

They are currently composed of air, warm thoughts, and a dash of remember when, so no bodging to be done

Sent this guy an email, but it came back undeliverable. Curses.

Pm sent with another email addy

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at LS2 rubbers on ebuy, they look to be nearly the same dimensions. One of the clamps is the same. I will let everyone know the outcome.

I did pony up to the crook and gave 115 USD for one boot. He had the nerve to ask for positive feedback and 5 stars BEFORE he will leave me feedback. I detest those ebuy douches who try to hold you hostage to feedback after having their way with you on price :cussing: . Somebody give me an 'Amen'!

Sorry... :rant:

yeah i was thinking about this myself, still ....$115 :eusa_doh:

I'd have carried on thinking for a while

Amen :spin2:

I'm hip. But as NOBODY has had these since I started looking 3 months ago...I.m really big on stock, but that may change with prices like these.

• 4 weeks later...

Found a guy on ebay, claussstudio.com, who takes your part or one he buys on ebay and copies it. This is one of his for the RT3:Yamaha DT2 DT3 RT2 RT3 1972 1973 Air Boot Joint Rubber New! Sent him my high-dollar joint, so we'll see how good the quality is for $40.

I tried two other boots that looked similar but the diffs were way too much. Looked okay in the pics but in hand they wouldn't work.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online