Hi from a YBR125 newbie from London

This post is 4428 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I'm Toby from London, UK. Always dreamed of getting a bike and finally have now - I turn 30 this year so maybe it's a "cusp of 30" crisis!

Really loving it so far and the YBR125 is great for what I need, getting around London and occasional escapes into the country.

I cannot believe how economical it has been. Just as a quick guide useful to anyone looking to budget for one, here is everything I have spent...

£1,200 - Silver YBR125 2007 in great condition with 5000 miles on the clock, bought off Piston Heads for

£500 - Helmet, leathers, gloves, hi-vis jacket, all bought at Infinity Motorcycles in London

£180 - RAC Insurance, TPFT (third party fire and theft)

£30 - MOT

£16 - Tax

I also bought a beautiful big top box on eBay for £45 and a whole set of soft luggage (tank bag, panniers, rack bag) for £109, also via eBay. Really good quality.

And most insane, is that filling up the tank costs about £10-12 (about $16) and that takes it almost 200miles!

No London congestion charge! Parking is easy and often free!

Really pleased with it all so far, but I'm sure I'll post an update on progress soon.

Love this site, looks like a great community.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome Toby! great intro and im sure your little write up will help out if they are looking for a YBR!

Also welcome to the world of biking! keep your whits about you and im sure your have loads of fun on it!

Hi Toby and welcome from a fellow YBR Londoner..

Great write up, if / when you can would love to see some pic's of the bike with all the gear on. Brilliant bikes for London (and for what's it worth I;m 38yrs old and just got back into biking so dont let the age bother you :spin2: )

Hi Toby. Welcome to the forum.

Great write up.

I am a Londoner myself, though I haven't lived in London for about 20 years. I did bike commute there until about 5 years ago when I moved into the Midlands. Mainly North, East and City of London riding but have ridden most of it in my time.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online