Hi from Hove YBR125 owner

This post is 4379 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I've been riding for a year and half on my CBT now and I love my little YBR, through wind, rain or snow she gets me where I need to be. Unfortunately, today, a jealous driver saw me coming down the hill next to the stationary traffic and thought it would be a good idea to close the gap i was indicating into. After an unsuccesful combination of swerving and breaking (one or the other apparently, do not repeat) i've ended up with broken clocks, wonky handlebars and a bruised ego.

Can anybody give us some guidance as to how to repair this? Will any old handlebars fit? do i need part numbers to get a new clock cover? also the frame for the clock cover has been bent quite a bit, should i bend it back into shape or is it possible to replace the frame and if so how do i find one? I'll post some pics when i figure out how.

The driver behind the ****head stayed put to make sure i was ok and help me off the road but I forgot to ask if he got plate numbers and it was too late by the time I remembered so i won't bother with a police report and the damage won't reach the excess so i'll just sort this myself. I've never done any repair work, just routine maintenance - so any tips would be great! Since, I'm gonna be shelling out for this anyway i was thinking about maybe changing the headlight, any tips to avoid buying something that wouldn't fit or work would also be good.

Thanks for reading. ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

It happens to the best of us and you know in the future to get the witness rounded up first - unless it is your fault. I would look at breakers and ebay for parts first.

I didn't know how easy it was to get parts from eBay! New handle bar and clock cover on the way :)

by the way just read the 'netiquette' section, thanks for your response.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online