Righthand mirror has lefthand thread - and vice-versa

PB1
This post is 4534 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

On my RS200, and I assume most front drum-braked '70s/'80s bikes that used the same front brake lever, the righhand mirror has a lefthand thread and the lefthand mirror has a conventional righthand thread.

What's going on here then? Anyone know the reason for this? It can't be so that wind pressure at speed does not unscrew them, as they both have the wrong handed thread for that, so what can be the design reason for this?

It buggers me up a bit as I have a very nice pair of chromed mirrors to put on the bike, but both have righthand threads. I think it's going to be a case of drilling, sleeving and recutting a righthand thread in the righthand brake lever.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi PB1

Before I drilled and tapped a new thread in the original mount, Try a bicycle shop and buy a handle bar mirror clamp it probably won't cost much,

My DT mirror is mounted using one of these i had lying around and it don't look too bad.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online