intro

Adil
This post is 4516 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

my name is Adil. I am a 46 year old male living in San Diego, California. Recently I changed jobs and now work just 2 miles away from the office. This is why I started looking for a small bike and I fell in love with a Yamaha CT1 175, apparently a 72, could be a 71. I paid $750 and picked it up today, knowing that I would have to put some work in to make her reliable and fun. I am pretty good with tools and have a fairly good technical understanding.

List of things I need to do:

- take a pic and post it here

- find out what year it is

- buy some parts and misc

So far I ordered: helmet, goggles, rear tire, front pads, left lever assembly (mine has broken high beam switch), rear brake switch, service manual, battery, key, cover

May need a petcock, not sure though, also don't know if the rear light works, have to replace the bulb.

What is missing is signal lights and mirror. I will eventially get to that.

Otherwise it is a blast to ride, reminds me of my teenage years when we all used to have mopeds. I grew up in Germany.

Two issue I will need help with. Didn't find anything using the search tool. It happened a few times that the gear would jump out, for the lack of a better explanation it feels like suddenly pulling the clutch. I kick into the next higher gear and all is well. I think it is the 3rd that won't stay.

Any hints or clues?

Ah, also, I would like to know what a pilot warning light is. Seen a few sold on ebay but I don't know what they are good for.

oh, I still need to register and insure the bike, and I need to get a license :)

Cheers,

Adil

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the warm welcome.I'll try to include a picture,

hopefully I have the require rights. As you can see, both driver and bike are fairly aged, one better than the other and both could use some new parts :)

Cheers,

Adil

3d1ce4fb-2a84-4925-b270-83a8e9240bba.jpg

Wecome adil " that gear jump, will be worn or chipped dogs on 3rd gear,, iits a strip job to fix,...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online