New owner of an RS200

PB1
This post is 4550 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everybody, I'm Mike from North Essex and am the proud new owner of a 1982 RS200. I understand these are pretty thin on the ground and I'm looking forward to riding it and getting it into decent shape.

Since I was 14, which was a long time ago, I've had many bikes, from a 1950's Norton, Bantam, 70's Hondas and Suzukis, various more modern enduro and trials bikes (plus a very scary Ossa trials sidecar outfit we managed to campaign for a few seasons) and then onto "Adventure" bikes in later years.

Since dropping an Aprillia Pegaso on my driveway and not being able to pick it up without using a trolley-jack, I decided a much lighter Honda CB400SF was the right bike for me, which I now have. Having never owned a Yamaha, but always liked the '70s 2-stroke twins, I picked up the RS200 last night after an eBay purchase. I actually believe it's the same machine that donballoon (?) on here had, going by the pictures and description.

It runs very well but is cosmetically challenged. I'm hoping to correct that so expect a few posts for help and information in the future!

Cheers,

Mike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ah yes... I should have explained. I was watching an RS200 on eBay 2 weeks ago, and the seller had the same (or very similar) name. It then suddenly ended early. I then bought an RS200 from a different seller this week. After checking the pictures on the saved listing in my watch list, I could see it was the same bike. So it's had 3 owners in 2 weeks, but I'm not worried as I'm happy with it and I probably ended up paying less for it anyway.

I'll put some "before" pictures up to act as a reference for what it looks like now, and to compare with when I've finished cleaning it up and replacing some parts. I assume the "Classic" section is the place for me to post?

Many thanks for the warm welcome,

Mike

That's the one. That second post explains a lot - the guy I bought it from (he bought it from donballoone) had put a brand new carburettor on the bike, plus a new battery. He said it had been a shed-find and had not run for 25 years, so I guess the carb was still not right with 25 years worth of old fuel varnish in it.

I took it for a quick run around the lanes early this morning (private roads of course.....) and it really goes very well. It took me back to 1973 and memories of riding my mate's LS2 125.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online