Gilera 4V project

drewpy
This post is 3204 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Don't know if this helps but here I would just regester it as home built,you must have enough recipets to prove you bought all the pieces seperatly.If the VIN is not in the data base then you should be able to use it wel at least you could here.

Option 2 here would be to have a lawyer draw up a affidavit stating ownership lost and original owner un able to contact and then the DVLA would generate a new one based on the vin.

Good luck with it sure would suck if you cant regester it now after all the work

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Right here goes [ i did my Zed 900]" first - you need a HRMC login acc. this can only be done online, when loged in search for N.O,V.A

its stands for notification of vehicle arrival .[ import] .

Next fill in the form,-

when asked - 1- where purchased = give the name ..no lies , i told them Mr S. scott . [thats who sold me bike.

2 - Is he V.A.T registered Answer - NO.

3- is he a dealer, - No.

4-Price paid, - £ 400. [ i got bike free]

5- Do you have a receipt = Yes,,,, AND i hate to say , I Told you so.... :eusa_dance:

What about a dating cert" & N.OV.A cert .... :eusa_whistle:

Ahem,,,, :rolleyes: Bye the way ,,,, the HRMC And dvla ,, trawl All forums , they know all the tricks ,,, :lipseal:

What year is it, if its over 30 year old HRMC state that it doesn't need a NOVA Certificate, although there is some discussion about DVLA saying they still want one. Imagine 2 Govt depts not knowing what each other wants eh

What year is it, if its over 30 year old HRMC state that it doesn't need a NOVA Certificate, although there is some discussion about DVLA saying they still want one. Imagine 2 Govt depts not knowing what each other wants eh

that's why I didn't do one in the first place. the certificate of origin says that FFS!

thanks to Blackhat I completed the form online telling as much as I know, had to make a few assumptions and now have an acknowledgement with a notification reference number. see in a few days, at least VAT owed is nil.

Good. I was over looking at the HRMC pages and although I couldn't find anything relating to the 30 year cut off, I did see that there was a £5 per day charge for every day past the 14 day notification period :icon_eek:

Result, :thumb: Thats what my notification said- no duty to pay, you just print it , and send with all docs, I assume they returned them,

Result, :thumb: Thats what my notification said- no duty to pay, you just print it , and send with all docs, I assume they returned them,

yes they did, so that's it then?

there is a box at the top which says they will send a message about the outcome of each vehicle notification submitted.

I think I'll wait till tuesday and resubmit then just in case they throw up something else (i'm not disturbing a potential hornets nest) :)

DVLA have not asked for anything else and have checked my V55/5 (put red circle round the asterix in the VIn number for instance)

Right here goes [ i did my Zed 900]" first - you need a HRMC login acc. this can only be done online, when loged in search for N.O,V.A

its stands for notification of vehicle arrival .[ import] .

Next fill in the form,-

when asked - 1- where purchased = give the name ..no lies , i told them Mr S. scott . [thats who sold me bike.

2 - Is he V.A.T registered Answer - NO.

3- is he a dealer, - No.

4-Price paid, - £ 400. [ i got bike free]

5- Do you have a receipt = Yes,,,, AND i hate to say , I Told you so.... :eusa_dance:

Kinda the same del her just need to know your way around it's all bs Mr S scott sells as many bike's as Mr Smith or forgot where he left them Thankfully he alway leaves a recipet :eusa_whistle:

dt would the first option mean it would be registered on a Q plate ?? What is a NOVA ??

We dont have that kinda designation,historical 20+yrs and standard reg or farm use And last option new home built hardest to get through,,So much paper,, beter to just buy something with a frame and #s and go on abandon vehicle/lost ownership most lawyers will do a Affidavit for 30 bucks.Then just pay the gov. 20 to gen a new ownership.Then 13% tax and 20 for plates 78 road tax( sticker for us canucks) ,MTO cert 60-100 (pending on who you know could be as cheap as 10 bucks cost of the paper slip),,,, and Good to go.

here's a pikkie of the new end cap I got.

I since polished the end can as it was chrome underneath, that paint didn't want to go it was painted on really well like anodising.

WP_20140216_0021_zps04d1ca86.jpg

well had to phone HMRC today as still had heard from them.

turns out the application was approved and they had "a glitch" in the online system. chap was very helpful though and sent me an email to home address confirming all is in order.

So I sent it all back off to Sue @ DVLA who should get it sorted now :)

got my modified speedo cable back from Carrot cycles

had it shortened and modified to fit the CEV speedo connection

yippee, its now registered, no inspection needed, :hyper:

so number plate bought tomorrow and then tune in the carb settings

• Like 1

Hey hey" just out of interest,,,does your number start NOC...........................As my Zed did, and saw a 750-4 honda lately it was NOC . also.. he said was just registered, :eusa_think:

no, YND its a 1973 Manchester number :)

only 1 registered owner, me ;)

new jets arrived today, hopefully the weather at weekend will be kind again and get the thing jetted correctly

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online