Bike Thefts

This post is 4545 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ever since buying my bike last week I have been really paranoid and anxious about it getting stolen. The type of bike i have is very popular with bike theives (XT 125) and i just can't get it out of my mind that it will get stolen. I have two decent chains and locks which I use, but I know if a theif wants something they will get it no matter what the obstacle. When I am at work I have to keep my bike outside overnight and it is really getting to me.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Jordan, might help if you fit an alarm, try fleabay, don't cost much and at least you can hear it going down the road when they steal it :crying: . Tho to be honest if they want it they will get it, you can nail it to the ground and lock it to a post and they will still get it, mate of mine had the full bunny on his and had it locked to a post sunk in the ground with a theif proof padlock and chain and they stole the post and lock as well, this from right outside his bedroom window, aint nothing you can do I'm afraid, you could try that intelligent water stuff that has you DNA in it, only costs about £40 but it only identifies the bits of your bike after they have stripped it. Otherwise park it in the kitchen or living room and sleep next to it, that MIGHT work I suppose. :biglaugha:

Ultimately, if they want it that bad they will have it.

But that's what your insurance is for!

Thanks guys, the GPS looks like a really good idea.

My paranoia has died down a little bit, but it is still

doing my head in. I think I will buy an alarm.

Personally although my bike came with an alarm, a disk lock and a lock & chain are your best visual deterrents, at the end of the day the best thing to do is make sure that you do what you have to do to ensure you are covered by your insurance should it get nicked, that way you wont have a problem making a claim if you have to.

I agree with the locks and chains comments. you can also keep them when you sell the bike on. Buy good ones though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to add to your paranoia and apologies as it has done the rounds for many years but......................

why not try the brake disc alarms you can get, you lock it into your disc and ANY movement on the bike and the alarm will sound, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OXFORD-SCREAMER-ATTACK-ACITVATED-ALARM-DISC-LOCK-/280856036358?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4164530406#ht_500wt_938

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online