xj 900f blue spot calipers ,do they fit

plumbob
This post is 4551 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello all just registered with the club, have a question for you i have a xj 900f 1993 model do blue spot calipers fit this model?. only just purchased the bike any known weakspots i should know about. any advice would be welcome. other bike is a trx 850 with blown engine anyone got a good spare in good working order. many thanks steve.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Pb

I might be talking out of my backside but:

My 900 Divi had front discs that were solid no ‘floating bobbins’, the calipers were floating calipers, when the brake was applied the main pistons pushed the pads against the disc and this caused the lazy pads to follow the travel of the caliper,

I don’t know if ‘blue spot calipers work the same way because I think if they have opposing pistons that clamp the disc and the disc is not running centrally between the pads then one pad will push on the disc and the other won’t be able to do the same, although I do realise that the two opposing pistons should balance each other and one piston should sit slightly further out than the other to compensate but I think to make best use of the set floating discs may be needed also.

AJ

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online