petrol muppets!

clarke
This post is 4407 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I went to get petrol tonight as the scooter is running on red and bloody hell couldn't get any as there were hundreds of cars queueing at both petrol stations near my house... Now I have to go to work tomorrow and hope one of the petrol stations near my work has some petrol otherwise I'll be pushing the scooter home - grrr!

The stupid thing is there's no need for people to buy extra petrol but the idiots going on tv telling everyone to fill up NOW when there's no strike is either complete muppetry or genius?? Either they're too stupid to realise what that'll do, or a master stroke to get everyone off thinking about granny taxes, tax cuts for the rich whilst at the same time getting a flood of extra cash in the economy at the end of the last quarter...

I've no idea which it is BUT IF I HAVE TO PUSH THE SCOOTER HOME I'LL BE PEEVED

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i've nae seen it make much of a difference here in aberdeen, although i did fill up my *cough* 20L *cough* jerry can just incase

I always make sure I live and work somewhere, where everything is within easy walking distance.

For me, that means less that 10 miles, though...

Heh heh drove past ALL the queing cars last night to the deserted LPG pump :biglaugha: . My motor only uses petrol to start it so the couple of gallon i have will last weeks....

Well I got to the 2 petrol stations near my work at 7:30am and there big queues waiting to get in both of them, so I thought sod it and went to work... As I left work the petrol needle didn't move off empty so at 130 miles I thought guess I best join the queue... For some strange reason no-one was using one of the pumps so I nipped around and put a massive £10.70 in. Still no idea why everyone is panicking though?

Well i filled up my car XT660r both the XT500s a jerry can, even the car got filled up to the brim

but only so that i can syphon the petrol out for the bikes.

Gotta get your priorties right.

TTB

Why, there isn't a strike and as far as i can see there isn't likely to be one.

Just think how much bad publicity material has been very quietly announced while the shit hits the fan for the fuel.

Then the duty raised by something like 6 times the normal amount of fuel being shifted

The fact all the forecourts have put the price up by 5-6p a litre while its been going on

all just cos that halfwit hyping the tanker drivers to supposedly strike, if that was the case do you not think that all the other unite members would be canvased for a view. They haven't by the way.

Just think how the shit would hit the fan if say half of the unite members went out. Thats got to be thousands of hgv drivers. The tanker thing is noise. The schoolyard bully giving the "c'mon then' bit.

They even confirmed nothing would happen this side of Easter, thats like air traffic controllers striking mid November.

Last monday would have been it if it were me. Get everybody crapping it that they wouldn't have fuel for the holiday, everything would have stalled. Even the army substituted would never have met demand. Now the only beneficiaries are the forecourts now fuel has gone up.

not gonna happen.

Apparently the fire brigade could be going on strike in 2 weeks time.David Cameron has advised the public to set fire to their homes tonight as a precaution. (Do not take this seriously)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

out of all the people that got interviewed on telly, i didn't hear one person say im topping it up because im a twat? :eusa_think:

Ha, i heard one fellow say that he did 1500 miles a year and had brimmed his car so he has fuel till AUGUST ffs.

I ain't calling em Tw@'s, naieve is a better word i think, there is no reason to be filling up, nothing at all. Roads in Grantham were jammed up yesterday by people after fuel.

The whole system works on an average, petrol stations have an amount of stock that covers their normal consumption pluss a bit for bank holidays and such. Most people just put in what they need for a week be that 20, 40, 80 quid whatever (would cost 150 to do my rangy from empty, gulp).

Everybody going in to fill the tanks right up WILL empty the stations, the people who are filling up because they think fuel is running out are causing the problem in the first place.

Its like people in a traffic jam moaning about all the traffic. The irony is hilarious.

i think it's just a smoke screen by the goverment to hide the fact they have once again hiked the price of fuel up.

people are more concerned about running out of fuel than paying the extra cost,

goverment 1 jo public 0..

you have to admire the simplicity of it lol

tanker drivers "we might strike but we might not"

government "we need cash and something to take the public eye off us for a while so just say take precautions"

public (well the twits anyway) go on a mad panic, fill up and empty the pumps

the government get a cash injection that they can report back to, saying they made so much in the financial year plus it takes the public eye off them for a week while they push things through under the radar, the tanker drivers dont go on strike, the petrol stations have made a killing by bumping up the price, and all the twits have a tank of fuel that cost a bomb over nothing.

as was put earlier government 1 jo public 0

The other thing to think about, is all this overtime the tanker drivers are doing at the minute, allows them to have a few days off for a strike, if and when it does happen, without it hitting them in the pocket, as much as it would have done, without all the panic buying.

All stocked up over here, no petrol stations are empty.

AFAIK, Towns and cities are affected most due to the number of people and cars/business.

If it gets bad look for a station in rural areas.

I just drove from Yeovil to Southampton Via Ringwood and there was 1 station with petrol!!!! :( cost me £81 to fill up as they only had super unleaded

I just drove from Yeovil to Southampton Via Ringwood and there was 1 station with petrol!!!! :( cost me £81 to fill up as they only had super unleaded

£81 to fill a 125cc draggy, you been bum fucked mate :biglaugha:

£81 to fill a 125cc draggy, you been bum fucked mate :biglaugha:

Na that was to fill up me lawn mower....................the draggy takes £120 of diesel!!! fucking prices just keep going up these days