Hi, DT125R owner new to site

This post is 4381 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I opened my air filter today to find masking tape wrapped around the plastic thing the air filter bolts to covering most of it. Why would anyone do that? Took it off but cant try out as got my CBT saturday : )

Well it should come in at 6k instead,,,,,,, dont think there's any way to make it come in earlier,,,,,, so mabey you have another prob along the line somewhere

Hi all, need help as ive broke my Yam : ( i was riding down my street giving it some ypvs active then it went with a pop and cut out, i pulled over and tried kicking it and it wouldnt start and made a pop now and again. Tried kicking it some more and kick start has jammed and wont move in gear at all. All help would be greatly appreciated.

Aaaa Jaysus,,

Were you hammering it down the road for ages at full revs ?

Take the plug out and leave it overnight,,,,,,you might be in a hydrolic lock.

With plug out will the engine turn over at all.

You may have broken rings making piston stuck

The power valve may have hit the piston making it stuck.

You may have messed with the carb settings and now the engine has overheated and seized ( stuck )

Either way its not looking good !

Did you do anything to the bike to make it go faster ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

No just removed the tape and i had to adjust the carb as it was over reving ounce i took it off. I was only on full throttle for about 5 secs. Im getting the bike over to a mates tonight so il try them things and report back asap.

• 2 weeks later...

No the piston shattered but didnt damage the bore some how. The wear is very minor my mate has put the engine back together now with new bearings. Was wanting to know if it would be ok or do I need to change the crank?

Managed to source a crank for £30 so picking that up next weekend then hopefully I can get it back on the road. Put a 260 main jet in why I had it in bits and done the inlet mod to. Thanks for the advice.