Fkin daywalkers.......

Cynic
This post is 4426 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok i got the arse today, (no chips at the seaside) hurt my foot at work which had put me in a bad mood then for the umpteent time when i get back to the yard one of the office wads pipes up with;

" Oh it must be so much better riding to work on these lovely mornings"; to be fair he was in an insuferably good mood. He looked surprised when i told them that at 4am its not a hole shit load different to what it was a month ago.

The response, "Oh well, i do 9 till 4 so i wouldn't know"; that made me feel a hole lot better as i work 4 till 3 :madflame:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

9 to 4??!!

Wouldn't mind some of that, myself...

When you said Daywalkers, I thought you meant Wesley Snipes in Blade!! :D

9 to 4??!!

Wouldn't mind some of that, myself...

When you said Daywalkers, I thought you meant Wesley Snipes in Blade!! :D

Ha no just those folks that think that everybody works day hours like theirs, its still frosty it was -2 Monday at 4am. By the time he's going to work its 7 or 8 degrees warmer.

Our lot do some right weird hours to cover busy spots over the day and ensure 24/7/365 coverage.

9 to 4! - You wouldn't find me working long hours like that.

As for chips, Because of your chips post yesterday I shot out and got a portion to have with some home made chilli. The local chippy gives a huge portion that would feed a family of 4.

They do all sorts of weird hours. You dream up a combo and there will be somebody doing it. Like mine 4 till 3 is hardly social. Alarm clock goes off around 3 am.

Am i classed as a day walker then? i do 7 till 1630hrs? lol id like to know if im that special :D

Hmmm close, but then your on here so there is no hope anyhow.......

i know what you mean, i work 12 hour shifts in the UK with the occasional 18 hour shift or all-nighter on a weekend if the shit really hits the fan :(

then there's my mates moaning on facebook because they have to do 6-7 hour shifts at tescos or currys... get a grip... although tbh if i had to do a 6 or 7 hour shift at currys i probably would end up hitting someone

When i left the Army i did a Christmas temp job in Currys and i know what you mean Foamy some of the customers and mainly the work force are complete c**ts! I'm just glad it was a temp job and i wasn't asked to stay on lol

it started off as an xmas temp for me, but some of the permanent staff got the 'ump when the new manager/slavedriver came in so i got offered a permanent position, i stayed there for an extra month before i decided i'd had enough of being a doormat and decided to go military, and here i am 3 years down the line and im back at the bottom of the food chain, atleast im on a lot more money than i was at currys, especially considering the afghan bonus XD

What Forces are you in?

PLEASE DON'T SAY RAF!!! or we aint talking no more PMSL :biglaugha:

Ain't nowt wrong wth the RAF. I almost joined the 'guins myself, albeit as a Rockape. Ended up going Pongo as I wasn't old enough at the time.

yep im a penguin, thinking about going back to being a civvie after a few more years tbh, get my HGV driving licences and aircraft licences and do the same work for Serco on a lot more money

My Step dad was RAF then went on to work with Serco down in Yeovilton,

I think you may find it a complete culture shock when you come out mate! Civvy street is complete and utter wank! i would join back up tomorrow if i could but i was discharged as a P7 meaning i can join any forces at all............EVER :(

Any way keep ya head down out there n enjoy your time in the forces! its the best job going (in my eyes)

Na he was 1st in the ejection seat shop for the Harriers, then went into the battery shop for all the aircraft's and that. He used to be an Armour in the RAF back in the day.

Dirty fly boys!!! lol

Carefull there foamy, my Grandad joined up in 1940 to avoid getting called up so he could, at least in theory, pick his poison. He went as RAF infantry, hoping he'd be guarding an airfield and home for his supper of an evening.

Ended up spending the entire war in Burma, all told 7 years in the jungle as much as the war ended he didn't get home till the middle of 47.

tbh i was expecting to go to some cushty places, out on the piss most nights and have loads of time off to do "adventure training" (skydiving, paragliding, waterskiing, mountain climbing e.t.c) but being on a first line squadron has resulted in 12 hour shifts, many working weekends, a total of 6 months in afghanistan so far (nearly at my 2 year point so far), would much rather be working in a bay somewhere doing 8-5 shifts with a half day on friday, but hey-ho life goes on.

its slightly more annoying when i do go home for a few days/over a weekend, all my mates are either too skint to go out on the piss, off at uni or working some crap job on minimum wage

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online