Had to laugh

daglad
This post is 6968 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all hope everyone is well in Yamaha land. Went out for a tootle yesterday, bit of a shakedown run really, anyway on the way back in there is a stretch of about two miles which is pretty good for a blast to finish off. Yesterday l followed a shogun up the hill that leads to the stretch. This geezer in the Shogun suddenly became all Jenson Button after spotting me in his mirrors. What a laugh he was all over the road trying to keep me behind him. They are bloody fast them shoguns he reached nearly 90mph at one point. Laugh l nearly fell off!!! what a plonker rodney. Any other daft car stories out there

Catch ya later.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all hope everyone is well in Yamaha land. Went out for a tootle yesterday, bit of a shakedown run really, anyway on the way back in there is a stretch of about two miles which is pretty good for a blast to finish off. Yesterday l followed a shogun up the hill that leads to the stretch. This geezer in the Shogun suddenly became all Jenson Button after spotting me in his mirrors. What a laugh he was all over the road trying to keep me behind him. They are bloody fast them shoguns he reached nearly 90mph at one point. Laugh l nearly fell off!!! what a plonker rodney. Any other daft car stories out there

Catch ya later.

That's good. Here's mine:

Last year I had to rush back to the campground to beat checkout time. I live in Ontario Canada, heavily policed by Robo-cops(OPP)

So I spot a vehicle gaining on me. Oh-OOOH. I slow down a little and this yellow Pickup truck "roars" by me. That's no cop!!

I speed up and see in his rear window in big letters: Nobody wants to play with me.

I know,I am stupid, but now I am pushing him. We were doing 245 km/hr. in no time. The the next village came up and we had to be GOOD :lol:

Turned out it was a young snotnosed kid, we waved at each other ond I was off. Had to be at least supercharged.

Generation Gap? I am age 70,still enjoy a bit of speed. Made checkout time all right.

My bike is 2002 Yamaha FZ1 1000(Fazer in Europe.