Neutral Connection

sisu
This post is 3891 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks,

Looking at the following installation diagram ... I get the + and - (battery connections) but not sure about the third ... what is a neutral connection (see pic below)?

With a car I have the 12V and ground, domestic wiring is clear at Pos, Neut and earth but haven't done any wiring on a bike. Anyone got the answer to this?

Thanks

neutralq.jpg

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Are you sure Neutral isn't the wire from the neutral switch? What are you trying to wire? It seems strange that most are switched and blue is a permanent feed - maybe power. I am guessing an alarm.

Are you sure Neutral isn't the wire from the neutral switch? What are you trying to wire? It seems strange that most are switched and blue is a permanent feed - maybe power. I am guessing an alarm.

It's a gear indicator (LED display showing what gear the bike is in) I would be looking to wire (don't have it yet but looked at the wiring diagram to see how easy it was). I was assuming it was something to do with the neutral indicator but don't know anything about the wiring ... wasn't aware neutral had a switch!

I still dont have a 2010 Divi workshop manual (still awaiting the one from the US Fleabay) so not sure what to look for.

• 1 year later...

i bought this device, ( gear indicator ) for those bikes which do not have it from factory. I am also need to tap 'neutral' wire .. any body knows which one is the 'neutral' gear position ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online