Best way to charge a smartphone on a bike?

ddlooping
This post is 4571 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have an Optimate charger which comes with leads that permanently connect to the battery. I then use a cigarette lighter adapter on this. I can then plug a car phone charger or connect a satnav cable to it. It makes it flexible.

So

An Optimate/Accumate TM 71 and an Optimate/Accumate TM 68

LINKY

Cheap solar charger and have your phone in the clear pocket of your rucksac. Or clipped to the strap.

No / less wire linking from you to the bike, less risk. Be exp too if it fell off.

Thanks, guys. :)

So, if I understand correctly, I would need:

• an Optimate/Accumate TM 71 (connected to the battery)
  • an Optimate/Accumate TM 68 (connected to the TM 71)
  • a USB charger adaptor (inserted into the TM 68)

Is this correct?

Cheap solar charger and have your phone in the clear pocket of your rucksac. Or clipped to the strap.

No / less wire linking from you to the bike, less risk. Be exp too if it fell off.

Thanks for the suggestion, Cynic, but the whole installation needs to be out of sight.

I'm trying to make a cheap GPS tracker. ;)

My method would use:

• an Optimate/Accumate TM 71 (connected to the battery)
  • an Optimate/Accumate TM 68 (connected to the TM 71)

Then a car cigarette adapter for the phone. I have a an iphone at the moment so one of these

3165aHNH0ZL._AA160_.jpg

I can use it in the car or on the bike. It all tucks under the seat. For the satnav I leave it under the rear seat and then run the car type satnav cable from the seat to the yolk and use a RAM mount to mount the satnav. Like this

trip2.jpg

I do have one of those USB connectors in the car as they come with lots of different sockets which can charge other things but have only used the tomtom and iphone car leads on the bike.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online