Fender Extender - worth it?

trumpetdude
This post is 4571 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just been doing my oil change on the Divvy and the one thing I've noticed is masses of piting on the oil filter and general crap in behind the pipes. Are fender extenders worth it? Not the prettiest of mods, relatively easy to fit and not too expensive. Thoughts? Cheers! C.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i had one on my pre-div, it made a noticeable difference and cut down on some of the crap, until it fell off in town one day and i ran it over, didnt work so well after that...

Depends on the bike.

Never used one before the SV but needed one for it as any sort of rain cuts out the front cylinder. With a fender extenda it runs fine in the wet.

Just been doing my oil change on the Divvy and the one thing I've noticed is masses of piting on the oil filter and general crap in behind the pipes. Are fender extenders worth it? Not the prettiest of mods, relatively easy to fit and not too expensive. Thoughts? Cheers! C.

I'd say yes. I put one on the Virago for exactly the same reason, shite thrown up from the front wheel onto the front of the engine/exhaust. One tip though, cos the extenda fits inside the fender, it becomes a trap for water/salt/shite etc. I filled the space in with silicon sealant to stop the crap getting in there and rusting

Cheers folks, its a plastic fender on the front so not much of an issue there, I've looked for huggers for the Divvy 6 but can't seem to find one, any suggestions? It shall add it to the to do list which thankfully, is very short.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online