New here...

This post is 4581 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I'm new here, rather hoping someone might be able to help me out with fixing my Dragstar. However this is just an intro so....

I'm 23, been riding since I was 16, started off on an aprilia RX50 geared scrambler (cut the exhaust in half, took out the cat and it would do 55MPH! Took it from bristol down to paignton a few times, 115 miles each way)

Then I had a gsx 250 chopper, which I've still got, but it's not been on the road for about 5 years

Then my dad gave me an XVS650 for my 18th birthday, and I rode that for about a year (had no 4th gear, but I eventually fixed that)

Bought a sportster 883 aswell, and then 6 months later I went into the local HD dealer to buy a couple of washers for the sportster, and fell in love with a Buell firebolt, and bought it that afternoon. Once I got the Buell I stopped riding my other bikes cos they just didn't compare, so I sold the sportster.

Bought a DR650 as a practical bike, but I really really don't like riding it so now I'm looking at selling it and using the money to put the dragstar back on the road, it's been stood for about 4 years now, and so needs a new battery and fork seals, and possibly a couple of other bits....

So that brings me here, to ask a few questions about dragstar's (I've moved house and can't find my workshop manual)....

Oh along the way I bought a VW trike aswell, and I now have a 5 month old son...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Are you a lottery winner?? (lend us a fiver :D ).

LOL I wish, but no, I just used to spend everything I had on my bikes... until I met my GF, now my bikes are seriously neglected :(

:welcome: see your into modelling, we had the model exhibition on this weekend at Event city near the Trafford center

I try and stay away from model exhibitions, far too easy to spend a lot of money! Can easily blow a few hundred without really thinking lol