My purchase.....

bertie_bas205
This post is 4405 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

@ gizmo

that sig picure is way too big dude!!!!!

and has it got an oil leak?

its sick from the night before :)

Ha " your gettin old bertie, you"l be a hog kisser next ,,, wheres in Aberdeenshire are you, ? Was up there yest,, Thats a series 2 landy, wi a V8 ,,

Edit , .Huntly " just seen thst in your other post,, Strathbogie eh,, i used to pull T.O.War, against Strathbogie,

drank in the ROYAL OAK , beagle and the boys ,,local

Wicked!

That looks almost exactly like the Mrs's one (except for the pipes).

Its a good bike, i'm liking it....

The side casings are bubbled and i was quoted £435 + VAT to get them chromed...

Seems a bit dear.... Any ideas where to get new ones??

Yeah its a cool old Landy, leaf springs, drums all round, no power steering ana V8.... interesting!!

I'm just outside Huntly... Out in the sticks...

Bertie.

• 4 weeks later...

Its a good bike, i'm liking it....

The side casings are bubbled and i was quoted £435 + VAT to get them chromed...

Seems a bit dear.... Any ideas where to get new ones??

Yeah its a cool old Landy, leaf springs, drums all round, no power steering ana V8.... interesting!!

I'm just outside Huntly... Out in the sticks...

Bertie.

Re side casing, you referring to the crankcase covers? If so there's usually some on ebay as spare parts, and sometimes you'll find someone breaking an old bike for parts. Best way to do it.

Or go hardcore and just spray it all black. B)

• 1 month later...

Its changed a bit now from the pic above....

Been busy offshore so its taken a while to get it done....

049.jpg

045.jpg

Just to get the new tyres on....

Bertie.

Isn't it odd how bikes always look better with all the legal crap thrown out. I take it the back of your jacket is ready for the onslaught.

Love what you have done with it.

Looking a lot better mate! personally id get shot of them wing mirrors for a small over taking mirror and de-badge her as well.

Keep it up. ;)

I do agree with the mirror comment.....

I just havent found smaller ones that i like yet....

De-badged was talked about last night, I take it they're just stuck on??

Bertie.

I got a set of Bar end ones that i modified to fit where the mirrors should go. Check out black betty in this section (gallery)

As for the badges, yer they are just stuck on and is many was to take them off, the way i did it was to get some fishing line and ran it behind the badge the removed the foam sticky stuff with meth spirits. You could also steal the wife's hair dryer and warm it up first then is will pull off easier.

O and one more thing.....................Get shot of the pillion pegs too.....looks like you wont be needing them :biglaugha:

Totally agree noise, but, don't you think twin headlights would butch the front up a bit. Could mount the indicators in the side of them too.

Then do a repaint but subtle, use black and charcoal or any very very slightly lighter black (that sounded daft) done with a camo pattern then bang on a satin laquer. Be a lot cooler than 'just matt'.

Feel free to ignore, just its nice to see something a little different. I actually saw a harley i liked yesterday, a 50's, (must be something that way) knucklehead with hand shift and foot clutch not all bolt on crap and chrome. Watching the man in traffic, he knew the beastie for sure smooth as you like.

I was looking at these projector lights....

projectorlights.jpg

I wasnt sure if they would be too modern......

Ha, the rear pegs were brought to my attention tonight when out wi the boys....

As i said to the chick, the bike is now a BFZ, a what she said?? A be-atch free zone...... No rear seat n all.....

Bertie.

• 2 weeks later...

Well thats the white walls on, the last thing on the list to do......

Its changed again....

014.jpg

016.jpg

Bertie.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online